Viewing Application Overview
VisualVM presents data for local and remote applications in a tab specific for that application. When you open an application in VisualVM, each application opens in a new tab in the main window. You can have multiple application tabs open.
The Overview tab displays the following general information about the application and the runtime environment.
- PID. This is the process ID of the application. The process ID is also displayed next to the application node in the Applications window.
- Host. This is the location of the system that the application is running on.
- Main class. The class containing the main method.
- Arguments. Displays any options passed to the application on startup.
- JVM. This is the JDK version of the JVM software.
- Java Home. This is the location of the JDK software.
- JVM flags. This displays any flags used by the JVM software when starting the JDK.
- Heap dump on OOME. This displays the status of the Heap Dump on OOME option. When enabled, a heap dump is taken when the application encounters an OutOfMemory exception. You can enabled or disable the option in the application popup menu.
This sub-tab displays application information that VisualVM has stored about the application.
JVM Software Arguments.
This sub-tab displays information about arguments passed to the JVM software on application startup.
This sub-tab displays information about the system that the JVM software is running on.