VisualVM 1.2 Test Build Release Notes
VisualVM is a visual tool integrating several commandline JDK tools and lightweight profiling capabilities. Designed for both production and development time use, it further enhances the capability of monitoring and performance analysis for the Java SE platform.
VisualVM 1.2 Test Build is a public development build released for testing and evaluation purposes. Please try out the new features and let the developers know: you can send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or file a bug report into the Issue Tracker (dev.java.net login is required). List of changes and bugfixes since the VisualVM 1.1.1 is available in the Changes In 1.2 section.
- Microsoft Windows (7, Vista, XP, Server): 32bit & 64bit
- Linux: Intel platform, 32bit & 64bit
- Sun Solaris: Intel & Sparc platform, 32bit & 64bit
- Mac OS X: Intel platform, 32bit & 64bit
- HP-UX 11i: PA-RISC platform, 32bit & 64bit
- Sun JDK 6+
- OpenJDK 6+
- IcedTea 6+
- Apple JDK 6+
- HP-UX JDK 6.0.01+
Changes In 1.2
Features and enhancements:
- Sampling CPU and Memory profiler plugin (VisualVM-Sampler available on Plugin Center)
- Support for multiple local/remote jstatd connections
- New charts with dynamic tooltips
- Monitor and Threads tab are saved into Application Snapshot
- Properties UI for Applications, Hosts and Snapshots
- Custom proxy settings in Options
- UI for customizing SSL certificates (VisualVM-Security available on Plugin Center)
- Various UI improvements: polished main menu and toolbar, respecting system (theme) colors, improved performance for remote X sessions
- Built on NetBeans Platform & profiler 6.7.1:
- Exporting profiler snapshots to HTML, XML and CSV
- Computing retained size in HeapWalker
- OQL scripting support in HeapWalker (enhanced OQL editor available on Plugin Center)
Fixed bugs: Issue Tracker query.
- Issue 224: Cannot memory profile JBoss AS 4.2.3.GA
- Issue 148: VisualVM hangs when lost remote connection
- Issue 120: JMX application datasource cannot be reused on application restart
- Issue 72: Running application sometimes not recognized
To view all known problems please use this Issue Tracker query.